It’s been a while since I’ve posted a weekly #ootd recap, but since I recently shared my Spring Capsule, I thought it would be fun to try to get back into the habit of sharing (and reflecting) how I’m mixing and matching new outfits each week. Since I’ve been blogging less frequently, it’s the part I’ve missed the most.
I still don’t feel I have the extra time to take pictures specifically for the blog, but I’d love to share the pieces I put together and the Instagram photos of the outfits so you can see how they translate to ‘real’ life.
- LOVE the entire color palette
- Fun shoes to ‘up-style’ Thursday’s simple jeans and turtleneck
- Wearing neutral necklaces (all from Natalie Borton – get 10% off here) to complete the look and make a subtle statement
- Current mission: break in my Levi’s Wedgie Jeans, so I wore them 3 days this week (one day I started off in the straight-leg jeans from the capsule, but the low rise waist was so uncomfortable I changed before I left)
- Cold weather meant I had to wear all of my sweaters right out of the gate.
- Casual Friday outfit: Levi’s, a graphic tee (from my wardrobe basics drawer), and Birkenstocks
This week’s favorite: Tuesday
What I loved:
- Contrasting length of layered tee and sweater
- The color palette
- Comfortable for teaching and running kids around after school
- Felt effortlessly pulled-together
This week’s lesson: Wednesday
- The cropped sweater and high-waist crops from Wednesday felt a little fussy and uncomfortable
- When everything fell right, I liked the proportions, but when the sweater got hung up on the pants, it wasn’t flattering
- Next time I’ll try finding a layering piece to wear under the sweater
- Loved the color, texture, and shapes of the outfit
I’ll be back next week with a Spring Capsule Week 2 update, but until then you can see how I’m mixing my Spring Capsule on Instagram.