It was an unusual week at work this week – two days were completely interrupted for our state testing, one evening we had parent-teacher conferences, and then we had Friday off. It was one of those weeks that felt forever, but flew by at the same time.
I’m going to do my best to keep up with the weekly recaps from my Spring Capsule. I typically struggle with spring style, so I hope by looking back at each week I can find what I like best and avoid adding anything to my wardrobe that I don’t really love wearing.
- I wore my Brass Ponte Pants twice this week – Monday I kept them full length with Wednesday I rolled them under a few inches for more of a crop length. I love that they stay put when rolled under and I don’t have to mess with them all day.
- Black and cognac is still a favorite even in warmer weather
- I added the jeans under the Sotela linen shift dress at the last minute. I know I’ll wear this dress a lot, so I’m trying to think of various ways to style it.
- Anytime we have testing or conferences at work my goal is always to wear my most comfortable clothes. I was so excited to realize this week that ALL of my clothes are my most comfortable. I’m so proud of how much I’ve purged and how ‘strict’ I’ve been about what I keep in my closet. First rule, if it’s uncomfortable or fussy…it’s out!
This Week’s Favorite (tie: Monday or Thursday):
What I loved:
- They both felt so easy, but pulled together at the same time. Dare I say, effortless?
- This was my first time wearing the Jamie and the Jones Tee Top I invested in for spring and I really loved it! It is lightweight and simple, yet the shape and texture makes a statement.
- The slim bottom and boxy cut top is my favorite combinations of shapes.
- I love my Nisolo flats more and more every time I wear them.
- Monochromatic with a pop of cognac to warm up both looks.
This Week’s Lesson (Tuesday):
I just cannot figure out why I don’t like this striped top more. It’s comfortable, cute, thicker and more substantial than a basic tee, but I always feel kind of plain when I wear it. I did like it with the clogs, but I still feel something is missing. Any ideas?! I want to love this top so badly!